Holly Green- Using Your Brain to Win in today’s hyper-paced world
This on demand audio series is a part of the Executive Girlfriends Group Vignette Series. Chicke Fitzgerald interviews Holly Green. The original live interview was 9/19/14.
The human brain is an amazing tool. Yet, many of its ways of working do not serve business leaders well. The brain can process large amounts of information. It has a real talent for forming patterns and connections. And it loves to answer questions and solve problems. But it also has a tendency to see what it expects to see, overlook data that contradicts its prevailing view of the world, and have greater confidence in its decision-making abilities than it should. In order to become more effective leaders, we need a much deeper understanding of how our brain works and how it often gets in the way of winning.
Using Your Brain to Win is a fast, fun read that will change the way you think about what you think. And each chapter includes numerous “Playing with Your Brain” exercises to embed these important learning points into your daily routine.
As CEO and Managing Director of THE HUMAN FACTOR, Inc., Holly helps business leaders and their companies achieve excellence by creating clarity on what winning looks like and determining how to get there. Her unique approach to strategic agility, alignment and engagement – based on the approach Pause, Think, Focus, Run – provides the tools, techniques, and skills companies need to reach their destinations and achieve their goals.
Starting with an overview of how the brain processes to get us to our decisions and actions, Using Your Brain to Win explores:
* Why parts of the brain are not well suited for today’s hyper-fast world
* How those parts often lead us to make flawed decisions based on fantasy rather than fact
* How seeing only what we expect to see causes us to miss obvious opportunities and threats to our business
* Which built-in brain filters get in the way of making effective decisions
* How our brains are sometimes out to get us
With this as a baseline, you’ll learn how to:
* Stop making stuff up or at least know when you are likely to and factor it in to your decision
* Avoid getting blinded by your own data
* Make better, more informed management decisions
* Get and stay clear on winning
* Use your brain to inform, inspire and engage employees to achieve your vision of winning
* Use your brain to win every day
An experienced business leader and behavioral scientist, Holly has a rare combination of extensive academic training and in-the-trenches experience working in and leading organizations. As president of The Ken Blanchard Company, she led the established company in a new and more focused strategic direction. As president of LumMed, she helped launch the startup biotech firm.
To order her book click HERE Holly’s website is http://thehumanfactor.biz/
You must be logged in to post a comment.