If you need a speaker for your next event, give Julia a call.
Julia can bring your story to life. Her book is a practical roadmap for learning how to effectively engage your donors in ways that you never imagined. Her energy and enthusiasm jump off the pages of this guide for non-profit storytelling.
Game Changer Network host, Chicke Fitzgerald
Storytelling is the most effective way to grow support and to keep donors engaged.
It’s all about crafting authentic, real, emotional stories about the work that you do every day.
Sharing gripping stories using social media is a powerful way to showcase the results of your work. Social media, combined with great websites, blogs, and email tactics, is being used successfully to raise awareness and substantially increase fundraising success.
But with all the digital tools available, how can you, as a busy nonprofit professional, choose where to place your focus? How do you identify, collect, and craft these wonderful stories that will compel people to take action? How can you mold these stories for each digital and social media platform? What are the steps you can take to develop a plan for your storytelling campaign, to ensure that you won’t just be spinning your wheels?
That’s where Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits comes in. Author Julia Campbell guides you every step of the way in a conversational, fast-reading style designed for busy nonprofit practitioners such as you. It will:
- Show you where to find and how to collect the best stories about your nonprofit’s work and impact.
- Describe the ways to tell an effective story, developing a narrative arc and hook, and how to focus on people versus programs in your stories.
- Address the unique and very real challenges that nonprofits face when sharing stories about their work online, including confidentiality obstacles and reluctance on the behalf of staff and volunteers.
- Give you tips on creating a culture of storytelling at your nonprofit, even if you have never told stories or used social media before.
- Walk you through the steps required to identify, recruit, cultivate, and motivate your very own army of storytellers to spread the word about your cause.
- Give you storytelling strategies that will turn your supporters from passive readers into passionate advocates.
- Provide you with the nuts and bolts of creating a plan for a digital storytelling campaign.
- Show you how to integrate storytelling into your nonprofit website.
- Give you the basics of blogging for your nonprofit, as well as a brief description of the major blogging platforms.
- Cover the best practices in nonprofit email marketing, how to build a powerful email list, and how to integrate email marketing efforts with your website and social media channels.
- Explain the basic principles of using social media to tell your nonprofit story and how to best incorporate visuals in your social media storytelling.
- Provide tips on using video to tell your stories, including leveraging the popularity and unique perspective of live streaming platforms.
About Julia Campbell
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success using digital storytelling strategies. After 10 years in the nonprofit sector as a small shop development and marketing director, she founded J Campbell Social Marketing, a boutique digital marketing agency based north of Boston.
Julia received her Bachelor’s in Journalism & Communications from Boston University and earned a Master in Public Administration from Old Dominion University as well as a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Tidewater Community College.
Julia’s happy clients include Facebook, Meals on Wheels America, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and The Boston Foundation. She offers small group coaching sessions, workshops & seminars and online trainings for all skill levels – beginner,
intermediate, and advanced.
The author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
Julia has been featured on Maximize Social Business, About.com, MarketWatch, Alltop, Salon, Social Media Today, Forbes and Business 2 Community.
About Chicke Fitzgerald and the Game Changer
Chicke Fitzgerald is the CEO and founder of Solutionz Innovations, LLC and The Game Changer Network, Inc. The Game Changer Network provides authors with a platform to tell their story about how they are changing the game in their world. The show just celebrated its 10th anniversary. Chicke has interviewed over 300 authors, celebrities and experts.
She is also the author of the Game Changer, a business fable about transformational business design.
Click on the image to order a copy of the Game Changer.