|Customer Centricity meets Multi-Channel Distribution
Plotting out your strategy for distribution can be a daunting task.
- Do you focus on your consumer direct distribution via your website?
- Do you invest in social media?
- Do you explore social commerce?
- What about your call center?
- Do you still invest time and energy in the travel agent channel and the GDS?
At the end of the day, whether we are working with suppliers on their distribution strategies, or working with travel intermediaries on how to most effectively reach their customer, there is one approach that is the winner every time.
Put the customer [aka guest] at the center of the equation versus your products and services and you will find it much easier to see the patterns of how each channel is used and then you can take the next [and in my mind the most critical step] and see which channel has the best yield.
If you are a supplier and not doing channel profitability analysis on a regular basis — before you start headlong into a strategy of channel shift to consumer direct distribution — then you owe it to yourself to stop and invest time in that essential step.
And if you need help…… you know where to find me.